Oct 8, 2013
Physiotherapist – JF TRIATHLON
Organization: JF Triathlon – International Elite Triathlon Team
Position: Team Physiotherapist
Location: Overseas Travel / Camp and Competition Venues
Type of contract: On a contractual basis
Remuneration: Negotiable Dependent On Experience
About JF TRIATHLON
JF Triathlon is an international elite triathlon team led by former Canadian and British Olympic Head Coach Joel Filliol. The team consists of ten Olympic athletes competing on the ITU World Triathlon Series, currently from Spain, South Africa, USA, Canada, France, and the Czech Republic. The primary objective of the team is the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
As a contractor, working alongside Head Coach Joel Filliol you will deliver Physiotherapy services to JF Triathlon elite athletes at a number of identified camps/competitions world wide, as well as provide support to athletes while they are in their home environments. This position requires extensive travel, including a minimum of 4-6 months per year in camp and competition environments, ranging from New Zealand, USA, Canada, and Europe.
Overall Aim of the role
To impact positively on athlete performance through maximizing athletes ability to train consistently and minimizing the injury risk associated with high volume and intensity training.
Specifics of the role
- To ensure a proactive intervention approach to minimizing and managing injury risk associated with increasing training volumes or intensity
- In consultation with JF Triathlon Head Coach and Medical Director, diagnose, treat, and ensure a proactive intervention approach to all injuries through to resolution
- Gain baseline information about athletes which complement medical assessments, including the implementation of Biomechanical Screening.
- In consultation with JF Triathlon Head Coach, develop and supervise individualized exercise programs to manage injury risk factors associated with Triathlon training, or injury rehabilitation
- Actively participate in regular case management meetings around athlete medical and performance status.
- Work within the professional code of ethics, conduct and standards and professional confidentiality, relevant to the profession
Qualification and Experience
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of physiotherapy and rehabilitation support to endurance athletes and coaches to improve performance
- Ability to work effectively with elite coaches for a sustained time period
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a range of physiotherapy/rehabilitation needs in order to develop, implement and evaluate aspects of high level performance programmes for individual athletes
- An understanding of the needs of elite athletes and coaches in a high performance environment
- A high degree of flexibility within the working environment
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Sports Science (Nutrition or Physical Conditioning)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating and working effectively with other performance enhancement team members
- Experience of working with and supporting a campaign or team at a major international competition (e.g. Olympic Games, World Senior or Junior Championships or Commonwealth Games)
- Experience in delivering massage therapy, nutrition advice and/or strength and conditioning provision to elite athletes
Expressions of Interest
Contact Joel Filliol at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a discussion of the role and specifics.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date: 15th November 2013, and complete the following online questionnaire: http://bit.ly/15TfnjL